Well, I know by the time I have posted this she is almost 13 months old but I wanted to give everyone an update on Miss Elizabeth at a year old. She is full of energy and makes us laugh everyday. She is running now and frequently brings us her shoes because she wants to go outside. She has two teeth on the bottom of her mouth (one came in at Christmas and the other starting coming in two weeks ago). At her doctor's appointment last week she weighed 18 pounds, 11 ounces and is 29.5 inches tall (So, her carseat is still rear-facing). She tries to copy everything that we say although most words aren't very clear (words that only parents would understand). Words that she consistently says are:
"dada" & "daddy"
"dut" = up
"das" = snack
"dis" = this
"uh-oh"
"dog"
"oof, oof" = when she sees or hears a dog
"I" & "Hi" = Hi
"hot" (she always whispers this word and enunciates the t) = she usually uses this word when she sees a fire or candle but I came into her room yesterday when the humidifier was on and she pointed to the steam and said "hot"
There are other words she says occasionally, but these are the most consistent.
She also tries to help us around the house such as unloading the dishwasher as I am loading it; pulling tupperware out of the cupboard while I am putting it away; trying to help me push the vacuum or sweep the floor; and following daddy around the backyard with her mini rake picking up sprinkler pieces as he is trying to use them. Amazingly, these chores now take twice as long but they are twice as fun as well. She also loves to pick up the phone, dial numbers, put it to her ear, and walk around the house saying "hi dada" and then laughing. I'm sorry for all of the prank phone calls she has made lately from our speed dial.
It has been an amazing year with Elizabeth Grace in our family and we can't imagine our lives without her. I am so thankful that I get to be home with her everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment